United Federal Credit Union was looking for an opportunity to bring all of their operations together under one roof. When the existing former Whirlpool building in St. Joseph, Michigan, became available, UFCU hired The Redmond Company to evaluate the potential this building could be an optimal location for their new operational headquarters. Redmond performed programming with UFCU staff to assess their current and future space needs and reviewed departmental layouts and locations to provide a floor plan that brings staff from five different UFCU locations to this new space.
The design of the 80,000 SF building highlights the entrance with a new prominent entry canopy branded to tie back to the design of UFCU’s other Redmond designed facilities. The site was updated to bring parking closer to the main entrance as well as provide a drive-up ATM for members and employees. Utilizing the open green spaces on the site, Redmond created a new relaxing park space for employees to recharge as well as provide a great space for holding community events.
The goal of this project for UFCU was to bring all employees together into a reimagined, collaborative environment. The new building design brings together (375) of UFCU’s employees in an open office design with (42) private offices and (333) workstations, all with height adjustability to promote comfort and employee health. Multiple small meeting spaces, (12) conference rooms, flexible training rooms, and an executive board room offer integrated technology for employees to conduct meetings both virtually and face-to-face. Open collaborative spaces and inviting coffee bars are also strategically integrated into the layout to create opportunities for impromptu meetings and collaboration across departments. One large centralized work café space was included to encourage communication and interaction between all employees with an emphasis on providing healthy meal choices for employees. A large workout facility was also included to help promote UFCU’s initiative for a healthy lifestyle.
Employees are also provided with a great outdoor space within the fully re-designed interior courtyard conveniently located off the large work café in the center of the building. Glass overhead doors seamlessly connect the courtyard to the interior café space and provide employees with a great space to relax and retreat.
Once completed, this new headquarters facility will help UFCU accommodate its growth needs and create operational efficiency and an employee experience that will help UFCU retain and attract the highest quality employees.
The Redmond Company is honored to have been selected for more than 20 projects for UFCU. We look forward to continuing our relationship on many additional projects in the coming years.
United Federal Credit Union projects Redmond has worked on:
- United Federal Credit Union – Asheville
- United Federal Credit Union – Berrien Springs
- United Federal Credit Union – Bible Way
- United Federal Credit Union – Bremen Hwy – Mishawaka
- United Federal Credit Union – Fletcher
- United Federal Credit Union – Fort Smith
- United Federal Credit Union – Ireland Road
- United Federal Credit Union – Lemmon Valley
- United Federal Credit Union – Main Street – Mishawaka
- United Federal Credit Union – North Carson City
- United Federal Credit Union – North Reno
- United Federal Credit Union – Operation Center – Niles
- United Federal Credit Union – Pioneer Meadows – Sparks
- United Federal Credit Union – South Carson City
- United Federal Credit Union – South Reno
- United Federal Credit Union – St Joseph – Corporate Headquarters
- United Federal Credit Union – St Joseph – Remodel
- United Federal Credit Union – Statesville
- United Federal Credit Union – Stevensville
- United Federal Credit Union – Toscana Park – Mishawaka