Midland States Bank is the 44th fastest growing financial services company in America and the 23rd most efficient bank. Midland States Bank selected The Redmond Company to provide master planning, site selection and design services for its new four-story 80,000-square foot building in Effingham, Illinois.
The building is the headquarters for the bank’s administrative, operations and finance divisions. Redmond began working with Midland as part of their strategic planning. The bank had hired a new management team and was projecting to grow its market share. Since then, the bank has experienced phenomenal growth, and needed a building that would “make a statement” in the community.
The result is a four-story building with an extensive glass exterior to provide day lighting throughout. Roof terraces and a patio blend the exterior environment with the interiors. The lobby atrium provides an open air feel to the common areas. The building is LEED® Silver and Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR. The building was also featured at the AIA National Convention.
• ENERGY STAR design rating: 89
• Energy Cost: $1.225 per sf
• 77,100 sf building size
• 158 kBtu/sf/yr
• 44% CO2 reduction
• 9,721,792 kBtu (source) 4,283,063 (site) energy savings
• 649 metric tons CO2 savings/yr
• .66 watts/sf lighting power density
BankNews Innovative Solutions Award
“Best Architectural/Equipment Solution”
After an extensive national search, we selected Redmond because of their knowledge and expertise with financials and LEED/Green Building. When experiencing fast-growth, it is critical to find someone who understands bank efficiencies and workflow operations, and knows how to design a facility that maximizes those efficiencies. We were thoroughly impressed with Redmond’s knowledge, preparation, communication, and teamwork. They have exceeded our expectations with this impressive main office design. We’ve already hired Redmond for another project.
Learn more about Redmond’s other Financial Large Facility Projects:
- United Federal Credit Union, Operations Center – Niles, Michigan
- El Paso Teachers Federal Credit Union, Operations Center – El Paso, Texas
- Forward Financial Bank, Headquarters – Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union, Administration Building – Evansville, Indiana
- Altra (Trane) Federal Credit Union, Call Center – Onalaska, Wisconsin