Utilizing the existing St. Joseph main office site, The Redmond Company designed a 2-story Corporate Banking Center for the United Federal Credit Union. The building replaced the existing branch with an expanded facility capable of meeting current member needs and desires. The soaring 2-story lobby incorporates glass walled offices and glass railings which flood the interior spaces with natural light and promote optimal visibility to the lobby from both the first and second floors. Amenities such as a coffee area, Wi-Fi cafe and causal seating help to make the waiting area inviting. Warm branded interior colors, rich wood tones and natural stone accent walls blend to fashion an inviting, confident space. Directional signage, changeable lifestyle graphics and two 60” multi-media screens help keep the space intuitive, dynamic and flexible.
The exterior design goal was to ensure the new banking center building was sensitive to the exterior vernacular of the existing main office and the surrounding residential neighborhood; however, the overall exterior design needed to allow the building to stand on its own. The new building utilizes an abundance of glass, surrounded by brick and masonry walls capped with a gently sloped hip roof. These elements, in proper scale, meld to make an inviting, thoughtful and visually salient composition. Additionally, the building is set back on the site and surrounded by an abundance of landscaping further softening the overall visual presentation to South State Street.
United Federal Credit Union has served members since 1949 and has more than 120,000 members worldwide.
It manages assets in excess of $1.57 billion. In addition to its nine branches in southwest Michigan, UFCU serves members through locations in Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Ohio.
United Federal Credit Union projects Redmond has worked on:
- United Federal Credit Union – Asheville
- United Federal Credit Union – Berrien Springs
- United Federal Credit Union – Bible Way
- United Federal Credit Union – Bremen Hwy – Mishawaka
- United Federal Credit Union – Fletcher
- United Federal Credit Union – Fort Smith
- United Federal Credit Union – Heritage Square – Mishawaka
- United Federal Credit Union – Ireland Road
- United Federal Credit Union – Lemmon Valley
- United Federal Credit Union – Main Street – Mishawaka
- United Federal Credit Union – North Carson City
- United Federal Credit Union – North Reno
- United Federal Credit Union – Operation Center – Niles
- United Federal Credit Union – Pioneer Meadows – Sparks
- United Federal Credit Union – South Carson City
- United Federal Credit Union – South Reno
- United Federal Credit Union – St Joseph – Corporate Headquarters
- United Federal Credit Union – St Joseph – Remodel
- United Federal Credit Union – Statesville
- United Federal Credit Union – Stevensville
“As the Director of Facilities for a $1.6 billion credit union that has experienced good growth, it was critical to find a company that excelled in real estate analysis, cutting-edge design and branding, consumer purchasing patterns, technology, and construction. Specifically, we needed to find a company that would take the time to understand how we operate, while also reviewing our memberships’ needs, opinions and behaviors with the goal of creating great retail spaces and outstanding member experiences. We met with many companies, and then selected The Redmond Company as their experience and proven track record of success made them stand out above the rest.
As we are now approaching the completion of our first two projects, Redmond has become much more than our design/builder, they have become a trusted adviser and partner to the credit union, exceeding our expectations in every area! We knew Redmond’s experience was outstanding, but were impressed with their attention to detail, communication and commitment to our projects. It is clearly evident that leadership, integrity, innovation, and commitment set the standard for excellence at The Redmond Company. Simply stated, they are the Best Design/Build Company that I have ever worked with in my 25 years in this industry.”