Located at 2100 S. 11st Street in Niles, Michigan and utilizing the existing site, The Redmond Company designed the 20,000-square foot, 2-story building as the United Federal Credit Union operation center. The new ground-up facility will serve as the regional administrative office for the growing financial institution.
The soaring 2-story lobby incorporates full height glass which floods the interior space with natural light. Amenities such as a coffee area and casual seating help to make it the “hub” of the Credit Union operation center’s activity. Additionally, several smaller flexible open gathering zones throughout the building promote impromptu meetings and collaboration. The interior work spaces are open and flexible with private offices on the building perimeter. The credit union’s core administrative functions are housed towards the center of the building. These design concepts work collectively to ensure the majority of the building’s occupants have a clear, sun-drenched view of the exterior.
United Federal Credit Union has served members since 1949 and has more than 120,000 members worldwide. It manages assets in excess of $1.57 billion. In addition to its nine branches in southwest Michigan, United Federal Credit Union serves members through locations in Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Ohio.
Redmond has completed many other UFCU projects including:
- United Federal Credit Union – Operation Center, Niles, Michigan
- United Federal Credit Union – Fletcher, North Carolina
- United Federal Credit Union – Carson City North
- United Federal Credit Union – St. Joseph, Michigan
- United Federal Credit Union – Carson City South
- United Federal Credit Union – Pioneer Meadows, Sparks, Nevada
- United Federal Credit Union – Berrien Springs, Michigan
- United Federal Credit Union – Stevensville, Michigan
- United Federal Credit Union – Lemmon Valley, Nevada
- United Federal Credit Union – Statesville, North Carolina
- United Federal Credit Union – Ireland Road, South Bend, Indiana
- United Federal Credit Union – Main Street, Mishawaka, Indiana
Learn more about our other Financial Large Facility Projects:
- Midland States Bank, Headquarters – Effingham, Illinois
- Forward Financial Bank, Headquarters – Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union, Administration Building – Evansville, Indiana
- Altra (Trane) Federal Credit Union, Call Center – Onalaska, Wisconsin
- El Paso Teachers Federal Credit Union, Operations Center – El Paso, Texas
As the Director of Facilities for a $1.6 billion credit union that has experienced good growth, it was critical to find a company that excelled in real estate analysis, cutting-edge design and branding, consumer purchasing patterns, technology, and construction. Specifically, we needed to find a company that would take the time to understand how we operate, while also reviewing our memberships’ needs, opinions and behaviors with the goal of creating great retail spaces and outstanding member experiences. We met with many companies, and then selected The Redmond Company as their experience and proven track record of success made them stand out above the rest.
As we are now approaching the completion of our first two projects, Redmond has become much more than our design/builder, they have become a trusted adviser and partner to the credit union, exceeding our expectations in every area! We knew Redmond’s experience was outstanding, but were impressed with their attention to detail, communication and commitment to our projects. It is clearly evident that leadership, integrity, innovation, and commitment set the standard for excellence at The Redmond Company. Simply stated, they are the Best Design/Build Company that I have ever worked with in my 25 years in this industry.
Contact The Redmond Company to add them as your trusted partner for all your real estate, financial design, and construction needs.